The Alliance for Youth Organizing is searching for a Content Manager who will join the Alliance’s Communications Team to support the organization in taking its external communications to the next level. We’re looking for an individual who loves to write and is organized, detail-oriented, and creative. The Content Manager will strengthen our content strategy and help us maintain brand and voice consistency across our websites, e-newsletter, and social media in our goal to uplift the nation’s leading youth organizing network. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office reporting to the Senior Director of Communications.
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE FOR YOUTH ORGANIZING
The Alliance convenes, supports, and scales a national network of youth-led, locally rooted organizations growing civic engagement and social justice coast to coast. We are a multi-racial network “of young people, by young people, for all people.” Our network executes massive voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, trains new young leaders, and runs impactful campaigns to win on the progressive issues young people care about most. Our national team empowers this work by tracking down national resources for the network, building capacity for local groups, seeding new efforts, and coordinating national issue campaigns.
Content Management and Digital Communications Support
- Content Strategy Support
- Work with the Communications Team to build a detailed roadmap and strategy for the website and e-newsletter content that ladders up to the overall communications strategy and goals for the organization
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to gather content for external communications
- Develop and maintain the communications content calendar
- Support the Communications Team to collect and report on analytics across relevant communications platforms
- E-newsletter Management
- Draft, produce, and distribute our e-newsletter and associated blog content
- Build, refine, and manage our e-newsletter list of subscribers
- Manage our EveryAction account
- Monitor the Info and Partnership inquiry email accounts
- Website Management
- Day to day maintenance and updating of the content and functionality of both Alliance for Youth Action and Alliance for Youth Organizing websites
- Manage the relationship with the Alliance’s website contractor and the process of Alliance network organizations receiving website support
- Work with the Communications Team to troubleshoot any website issues that may arise
- Manage the Alliance website domains
- Social Media Support
- Support the Communications Team with writing, editing, publishing and sharing high-quality and engaging daily content on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and emerging platforms) that builds meaningful connections and encourages target audiences to take action
- Coordinate compelling digital and social media activations, including copy-writing, content creation, editing, design, and execution
Network Capacity Building Support
- Communications Cohort Support
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and trainings for the Comms Cohort made up of Comms staffers from the Alliance Network
- Support Communications Team in creation of slides and agendas for monthly Comms Cohort meetings
- Maintain regular communication with the cohort and maintain contact information
- Shared Resource Library Management
- Coordinate with teams to produce and gather resources
- Disseminate quarterly email to network
Organizational Communications and Press Support
- Support communications work around the Alliance’s biannual conference and other events
- Support Communications Team with internal reporting and presentations
- Draft press related communications including, but not limited to press releases and talking points for Alliance spokespeople
- Maintain, monitor, and update the Alliance press list and press clips
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & SUPPORT
We’re looking for candidates with particular strengths in the following areas:
- Ideal candidates will have at least two years of experience (job, internship, volunteer, etc.) operating in a content creation, social media, and/or community management capacity
- Experience managing an e-newsletter and building e-newsletter lists
- Experience crafting, packaging, and scheduling messages for all major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- A personal understanding and demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity, and a desire to uplift the leadership of BIPOC young people.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to maintain focus while juggling multiple deadlines
- Excel at planning and time management
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and able to occasionally work irregular hours and travel
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience writing about electoral and/or youth organizing
- Experience with digital analytics tools
- Proficiency in EveryAction
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Proficiency in G-Suite and confidence in learning new programs
- Basic knowledge of Canva
- Basic video or photography skills
- Experience with HTML
- Understanding of SEO
- Insights on the latest digital communications trends and best practices
- Compensation: $65,000 – $80,000 per year commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The Alliance offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, 75% of premiums for employee dependents, employer retirement contributions (SEP IRA), life insurance, short and long term disability income protection insurance, cell phone reimbursement, WMATA transportation smartbenefits, professional development opportunities, the opportunity for 3 days of remote work per month, a generous paid time off policy, and up to 16 weeks of paid family and medical leave.
- Location: This is a full time position based out of the Alliance’s Washington, DC office. All positions are remote until further notice due to COVID-19. Remote work out of state is an option until employees are expected to return to the office. Moving reimbursements are offered to employees expected to move to Washington, DC for this position.
- Travel: Under non pandemic circumstances, domestic travel for this role may be up to 20% of this position. Must be willing to work periodically long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
The Alliance for Youth Organizing is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please fill out this form, and submit a single pdf document including the following:
- Two paragraphs or less explaining why you want this position and what makes you a strong candidate (please prioritize content over formality)
- Three references (we will reach out to you first before contacting them)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.