The Alliance for Youth Action (along with our sister 501c3 organization the Alliance for Youth Organizing) is searching for an Operations Coordinator who will work in the Alliance’s Operations Department. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Operations Director to manage internal operations and build sustainable processes that can serve as a model and a resource for state-based organizations. This person will work with our national staff dedicated to supporting and scaling state-based young people, political power building Affiliate organizations comprised of some of the smartest and hardest-working folks in the field. This is a full-time and non-exempt position and reports to the Operations Director.
About the Alliance for Youth Action
The Alliance convenes, supports, and scales a national network of youth-led, locally rooted organizations growing civic engagement and social justice coast to coast. We truly are a multiracial network “of young people, by young people, for all people.” Our Affiliates and Partners run massive voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, train new young leaders, and run powerful campaigns to win on the progressive issues our generation cares about most. Our national team empowers this work by tracking down national resources for the network, building capacity for local groups, seeding new efforts, and coordinating national issue campaigns.
Internal Operations | Support the Operations Department
- Support current internal systems including Amtrav, Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, and HRIS including the onboarding of new operations systems to ensure a smooth deployment.
- Assist with facilities management of our primary office including coordinating monthly office cleanings, managing office supplies, managing office equipment, and coordinating maintenance support requests.
- Manage office supply requests from staff.
- Coordinate mailing and shipping of supplies, swag, equipment, and documents as needed.
- Support venue selection for Alliance internal events and serve as point of contact for vendor management and event coordination including lodging, meeting space, menu selection, and AV.
- Collaborate in annual goals and budget for the Operations Department.
- Coordinate staff appreciations for birthdays, life events, work milestones.
Human Resources | Support our HR functions.
- Support Operations Director in annual staff training sessions including scheduling and content planning.
- Maintain the HR calendar for annual updates for timesheet days, office closures, and annual staff training sessions.
- Administer semi-monthly timesheet days.
- Support staff onboarding including organizing internal documentation, equipment shipping, and meeting schedule.
- Support staff offboarding including updating internal documentation and listservs.
- Support hiring managers with job postings, candidate outreach, and scheduling through the Alliance applicant tracking system.
- Support the Staff Professional Development program including internal administration of the program, encouraging staff to utilize funds, and identifying and promoting staff development opportunities.
Administration | Support our Compliance functions.
- Support annual state filings to maintain organizational compliance including the following: employment, business, and tax registrations.
Cyber Security | Support our IT functions.
- Support internal document storage, organization, and access to information via Google Drive and the Alliance’s Staff Portal.
- Support the set-up and shipping of equipment for new staff.
- Support the annual staff laptop refresh including equipment set-up and shipping coordination.
Key Qualifications & Experience
We’re looking for candidates with particular strengths in the following areas:
- Detail oriented and organized, with proven ability to effectively and independently manage projects.
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- A self-starter with strong initiative – beyond running the systems we have, the willingness to figure out what other processes could be smoother, and the ability to create the systems to make it work.
- Preferred, but not required: Some knowledge of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofit structures.
- Compensation: $56,200-$66,750 per year commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The Alliance offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, 75% of premiums for employee dependents, employer retirement contributions (SEP IRA), life insurance, short and long term disability income protection insurance, cell phone stipend, WMATA transportation smartbenefits, professional development opportunities, a generous paid time off policy, and up to 16 weeks of paid family and medical leave.
- Location: This is a full time position based out of the Alliance’s Washington, DC office. All positions are remote until further notice due to COVID-19. Remote work out of state is an option until employees are expected to return to the office. Moving reimbursements are offered to employees expected to move to Washington, DC for this position.
Travel: Under non pandemic circumstances, domestic travel for this role may be up to 15% of this position. Must be willing to work periodically long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
The Alliance for Youth Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply here and submit a single pdf document including the following:
- Two paragraphs or less explaining why you want this position and what makes you a strong candidate (please prioritize content over formality)
- Three references (we will reach out to you first before contacting them)
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
PRIORITY DEADLINE TO APPLY IS July 31, 2022