Information We Collect
When you register, contribute, sign up to receive information or participate in events or activities, or take any other action on our Site, we may ask you to give us contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or email address; or similar information for an organization that you represent. We may obtain information about you or your organization from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through this Site.
We use this information to operate this Site, send you news and information about the Alliance’s activities, solicit your participation in and support of the Alliance’s activities, events, and programs, and for related uses. We use your email address to send such information by email and may use your telephone number to call you or send you a text message or phone call for these purposes.
We collect and maintain aggregate information about what pages supporters’ access or visit, which we use solely to improve the content of our website or online communications.
By providing your email address, you are agreeing to receive future periodic emails from the Alliance and directly from our sister organization, the Alliance for Youth Action, about the organizations’ activities and programs and those of its affiliate and partner organizations.
By providing information about your organization and listing yourself as a contact, you are agreeing to receive, on behalf of your organization, future periodic mailing, and emails, from the Alliance and Alliance for Youth Action.
We may also use your first name to indicate the latest actions taken on this site.
How We Use Your Information
We will not share, sell, transfer, rent or disclose your individual information to any other organization or entity EXCEPT:
- With our sister organization, the Alliance for Youth Action, a nonprofit social welfare and advocacy organization, solely to assist that organization in carrying out its mission, programs and activities. You or your organization may be contacted by the Alliance for Youth Action as a result of our disclosure of your individual information with them.
- With Alliance Affiliates and Youth Organizing Partners, organizations that share the mission of the Alliance. For the names of organizations currently in these categories, and more information about each organization, please visit https://allianceforyouthorganizing.org/our-network/ . PLEASE NOTE that the organizations in each category are subject to change on an ongoing basis.
- With other progressive organizations engaged in nonpartisan civic participation work, for particular events and activities when the Alliance is partnering with those organizations to sponsor or support those events and activities.
- To companies that assist us in maintaining this Site or with the Alliance’s activities, but only for purposes of providing services to the Alliance and with the strict requirement that any such company will never itself have the right to contact you for any reason;
- To comply with applicable law or legal requirements (for example, a lawful subpoena), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records;
The Alliance does not collect or maintain the names of, or any information about any individual who is not a resident of the United States. If you are not currently a resident of the United States, or present in the United States, please do not provide your name or any identifying information through the Site.
Voter Registration and Voting Information
The Alliance makes available, on the Site, access to one or more websites operated and maintained by other organizations, to enable you to generate a voter registration form online and instructions for how to register, either online or by sending in a form that you print out. When you fill out the online form, you will be asked to provide your date of birth and either your driver’s license number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number, or other personally identifying information. The Alliance does not store or maintain any information that you enter online other than your name, address, phone number and email address.
Third Party Tools and Applications; Links to Other Sites
The Alliance complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The Alliance does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Credit Card Information; Protection of Personal Information
This Site allows you to donate directly to the Alliance by credit card. When you make a donation directly to the Alliance through this Site, we will collect credit card information from you. That information is used solely for processing your contribution; is not maintained by the Alliance; and is never disclosed to anyone, for any other purpose other than for processing your contribution, under any circumstances.
The Alliance uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of all of the personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment processing provider’s database.
Permission to access your personally identifiable information is granted only to you and the Alliance employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you and who are required to keep the information confidential. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Cookies and Data Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us remember and process items that you purchase through this Site; and/or to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to the Alliance supporters.
We may place online advertising with third-party vendors, including Google, which will be shown on other Sites on the internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Site. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors. If you prefer to opt out of the use of these third-party cookies on the Site, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
How to Contact Us